1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Will these stands work well with Paradigm Mini Monitors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Nov 9, 2001.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Mini-Monitors are certainly stand mountable (mine are rear surrounds and eventually will be ceiling-bracket mounted).
    Paradign and B&W stands of course can get into the $200 range - ouch. My Paradigm catalog shows sculptured and heavy, square tubular mounts. I dont know if these come with some sort of a base mounting plate for security.
    Looking at these simple cantilevered stands you're eyeing, my only thought is that Minis footprint is 8x10.5in which wud sit on a 6x6in platform and you might have stability issues if the stands and spkrs might be in the path of kids 'n dogs or foot-tripping, god forbid. That is, knock-overable! Just a thot.
    bill
    ------------------

3. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Bill... You have a very good point about the foot print of the speaker vs. the size of the stand. Thanks for pointing that out. I like the Paradigm speaker stands but they don't go as high as I wanted. So I guess it's back to square one!
    Thanks...
    james

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

James,
    I use Mini Monitors as surrounds and had the same problem. I eventually made speaker stands out of 6 foot threaded rods. I have 4 shelves, 14 X 16" each. I have the speakers on the top shelf and use the other shelves for storage. The total cost was about $100 for both stands/shelves.

5. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Marty...
    Thanks for the idea of making the stands, maybe I'll give that a go. I saw in your profile that you like Celtic music, that's cool. My father is in a local Celtic band, he plays the accordion. He and I are Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham fans.
    james