Will these stands work well with Paradigm Mini Monitors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Nov 9, 2001.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Mini-Monitors are certainly stand mountable (mine are rear surrounds and eventually will be ceiling-bracket mounted).
    Paradign and B&W stands of course can get into the $200 range - ouch. My Paradigm catalog shows sculptured and heavy, square tubular mounts. I dont know if these come with some sort of a base mounting plate for security.
    Looking at these simple cantilevered stands you're eyeing, my only thought is that Minis footprint is 8x10.5in which wud sit on a 6x6in platform and you might have stability issues if the stands and spkrs might be in the path of kids 'n dogs or foot-tripping, god forbid. That is, knock-overable! Just a thot.
    bill
    ------------------

3. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Bill... You have a very good point about the foot print of the speaker vs. the size of the stand. Thanks for pointing that out. I like the Paradigm speaker stands but they don't go as high as I wanted. So I guess it's back to square one!
    Thanks...
    james

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

James,
    I use Mini Monitors as surrounds and had the same problem. I eventually made speaker stands out of 6 foot threaded rods. I have 4 shelves, 14 X 16" each. I have the speakers on the top shelf and use the other shelves for storage. The total cost was about $100 for both stands/shelves.

5. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Marty...
    Thanks for the idea of making the stands, maybe I'll give that a go. I saw in your profile that you like Celtic music, that's cool. My father is in a local Celtic band, he plays the accordion. He and I are Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham fans.
    james