What's new

Will There Ever Be A Ben Casey DVD Set ??? (1 Viewer)

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
C’mon CBS, Paramount or whatever the hell you’re calling yourself now. Open your eyes and wallet and release the entire Ben Casey series.
I didn’t mind that your first release wasn’t restored and I don’t mind if future releases aren’t either. Just release with unedited prints.
From what I was able to gather from Amazon sales, it sold well enough to warrant future releases and apparently that was in the works until Covid hit.
So lets get going here, fans of this show aren’t going to live forever.

John

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

1962 advertisement for Ben Casey.jpg

Found this on Archive.org.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
You guys do know that CBS merged its home video division, right? It was folded into Paramount and the people who were in the MOD division were all let go. In addition, the person who worked on outside licensing deals with companies like VEI for instance, also gone. So, best way of putting it, there's no there there anymore.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Neil,

I was aware that CBS merged its home video division with Paramount and with that, many MOD personnel were let go.
However since a release was started prior to that, why can’t Paramount just finish the job ?
Aren’t there classic TV shows still being released under the CBS Home Entertainment banner ?

John

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

I was aware that CBS merged its home video division with Paramount and with that, many MOD personnel were let go.
However since a release was started prior to that, why can’t Paramount just finish the job ?
Aren’t there classic TV shows still being released under the CBS Home Entertainment banner ?

John
Unfortunately, they are releasing nothing new on DVD just an occasional blu ray upgrade of something already released. Even Bonanza which made it through Season 11 and looked like it would be completed is not being released.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Just guessing, but is it because Gunsmoke was deemed more important for completion than Bonanza?
I don't think thats it. Gunsmoke started releasing before Bonanza and for awhile they had equal releases but then they sped up to finish Gunsmoke over the last couple years of releases. I was hoping they would release the final 3 seasons of Bonanza at once but then they stopped releasing altogether.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Neil,

There are classic shows being released by CBS Home Entertainment, unfortunately they aren’t new releases, just rehashes of shows already released.

John

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Question about the Ben Casey. Are they proper running time, around 50-51 minutes or are they the Worldvision time sped 46 minute tapes?

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Question about the Ben Casey. Are they proper running time, around 50-51 minutes or are they the Worldvision time sped 46 minute tapes?
I have both volumes of the CBS MOD DVD season one set. Rest assured, they are not time sped and run to the approximate 50 to 51 minutes.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

All the Ben Casey games, comics, trinkets and even dolls, shows the popularity of this show, yet no proper DVD release.
What a missed opportunity and a real shame.

John

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

I noticed recently that all the Ben Casey episodes on YouTube were pulled once again. Last time this happened, CBS released its first season DVD set of this show.
I wonder….🤔

John

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Hi all,

I noticed recently that all the Ben Casey episodes on YouTube were pulled once again. Last time this happened, CBS released its first season DVD set of this show.
I wonder….🤔

John
John the YouTube account 4K in HD, one of my very favorites was deleted only hours after I posted a Lassie Christmas episode on November 16th last year. I don't think it was a mere coincidence either and neither do I believe it has any connection to a future Ben Casey release.
icon_e_sorry.gif

1. Ben-Casey-promo.jpeg

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Neil,

Aw crap !!!
Last time this happened The Ben Casey DVD was released.
I didn’t realize 4K in HD was gone that long.
Oh well.
Be well.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks