What's new

Will there be a "Working Girl" SE? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
You see, this movie is on in the background (HBO Comedy is airing it), and it's one of my favorite movies. Even though I'm a 20-year-old man and the heroine is a 30-year-old woman, I feel the themes of the movie are inspirational...that, and I dig the...

Nude Vacuum-Cleaning Scene

Anyway, I heard rumblings earlier in the year that Fox was taking the DVD off the market for an eventual re-release as a Special Edition.

Oddly enough, in September, "Working Girl" was still on store shelves (grabbed it at the Wal-Mart I'm employed at for $8.88, along with MGM's "Blame It On Rio" and "Making The Grade". 80s promotion...I digress).

Anyway, I was wondering whether the SE was still planned? I know there are deleted scenes (some can viewed in the trailers on the current disc) and a music video for Carly Simon's "Let The River Run" (saw it on VH1 Classic...Carly performs on the Staten Island Ferry while Melanie Griffith and Joan Cusack [in "Working Girl" character] bask in the sounds of the Oscars' Best Song of 1988). I don't know if Mike Nichols does commentary tracks, but I think a commentary by him, Griffith, Cusack, Sigourney Weaver, Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin could be interesting.

So, anybody know? Anybody else like this movie?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Remember the importance of Page 6 and Suzy. Now, who wants to hear tasteless jokes about Ethiopia and The Betty Ford Center?

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Given Mike Nichols has never done an audio commentary, I'd say no. And after watching the Indiana Jones documentaries, I don't particularly care to listen to what Harrison Ford has to say. Watching him is like watching someone who's overdosed on Ritalin. It looks like someone had a gun to his head to get him to talk. Griffiths is barely articulate at the best of times, which leaves Weaver and Cusack as the only cast members worth bothering with.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'd love an SE of this, it is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Every time I see the ending with her in her own office, it just makes me feel so good! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks