What's new

Will There be a ST: Next Generation Complete Series DVD Set? (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Scott. Still way too expensive for me. I mean look at the Buffy box or the Alias box, which were $100. Sex and the City is under $200. When national reviewers mention this box, hopefully they'll mention the discrepancy between Paramount's approach and the approach of all other companies. Paramount could just as easily sell many units of this Star Trek set at an affordable price rather than sell a few units at an extravagant price.

Besides, I want to see what the restoration team might do with TNG after they finish with TOS.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Or years. They need to decide whether to go back to the film elements where they can and reedit every episode, or to use artificial methods of creating more resolution. It will be a chore and they've given no indication which way they'll go.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks to the news item posted by David Lambert on the TVShowsOnDVD website, it looks like the price for this set might be lower than we thought. Amazon is showing a sale price of $307 for the entire series. That is getting better, but I am not sure I am there yet. I have not purchased this series previously, so at least I wont be double dipping. I just am not sure I like this series enough to spend $307.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I stand corrected. Thanks David!

Still, is new packaging and some new featurettes enough to double dip on the entire series set? Yes, I paid for more each season as they came out, but getting rid of them for a minimal upgrade? Don't think so.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I'm debating on whether or not it's worth it to me to wait for the new set or to just buy the existing one. I've been holding off on it for a long time, but Fry's currently has each season on sale at $37 each, which adds up to just $259 before tax. Very tempting....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks