What's new

Will there be a Ferris Bueller SE? (1 Viewer)

Wade_W

Auditioning
I am REALLY hoping for deleted scenes featuring the little sister & brother. The little sister has a brief scene in the trailer & in reading the screenplay, I found the scenes with her & the brother quite amusing. I'd love to see the trailer on the DVD as well.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
A fair point, Scott, but at least in regard to my trailer complaints, it isn't like Paramount hasn't set a strong precedent already for leaving off trailers for standard and Special Edition releases alike.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I really doubt Paramount would leave off something like the original's commentary track. It seems that only the featurettes were announced. Honestly, if it's a 2-disc set, that just cannot make sense to only have that stuff.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
ferrisbueller.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
No commentary mentioned on the back? :frowning: I held off on this and I get no commentary when one was recordered?

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Is it really that big a deal? I read somewhere that the commentary on the original DVD was dreadfully boring. Maybe they're trying to do us a favour by leaving the commentary off.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It is, but for the sake of completeness, they should have included it.

No real problem for me; I never planned to listen to it again so I won't miss it when I give my old copy away.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
"Vintage Ferris Bueller: The Lost Tapes" sounds like it could be deleted scenes to me.

Does anyone know why Cameron wears a Detroit Red Wings jersey instead of, oh, a Chicago Blackhawks jersey? I don't remember Hughes talking about that in the commentary.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know why Cameron wears a Detroit Red Wings jersey instead of, oh, a Chicago Blackhawks jersey? I don't remember Hughes talking about that in the commentary.
John Hughes is originally from Lansing, Michigan so he probably wanted a reference to his home state. Interesting that he picked the worst Detroit pro sports team at the time to be shown in the movie.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
That's it? This has got to be a joke. This is a 2-Disc special edition and this is all we get? I expected the original commentary track, as well as the appearance of the film's original trailers and TV spots, which I have never seen, and would like to see. Then again, they could still be on there, but I'll wait until I see a press release first, since that will give out all the details of what's really on the package.

Sorry if I'm complaining. It just seems to me that there could be so much more than this for a 2-disc release.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
It may just be case of the supplements not looking like much on paper, but being longer on the actual discs. Who knows, maybe the "making of" is a mammoth Laurent Bouzereau effort :)
What is this "lost tapes" thing?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
we are talking about paramount pictures here.. they are still my least favorite dvd company.. they have so many great movies that warrent great speical editions.. it does not surprise me that they would do a light special edition for ferris.. I wish they would do a special edition for planes, trains, and autos.

JACOB

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Maybe in 2007? After all, they're doing a special edition for Ferris Bueller's Day Off exactly ten years after it came out, and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is from 1987.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Taking an optimistic view here, that spec list does actually say "choice" bonus beatures. Which indicates the possibility that there might be more. I really can't believe they'd leave off the commentary...that's just dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks