What's new

WIll there be a Black Hawk Down released with a DTS track (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
No official word on DTS, but there is official word on an SE release later this year. I would guess that a DTS track would be present.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Acording to Davisdvd.com the Black Hawk Down Special Edition won't be released in 2002 but in the first quarter of 2003. :frowning:
This because Columbia Tristar already has a packed season with Spider-Man , Men In Black 2 and Stuart Little 2.
This is realy bad but I guess I will be buying the region 02 3-disc Special Edition instead. ;)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Ridley Scott’s Black Hawk Down two-disc special edition won't be here by the end of the year. According to a Columbia/Tristar spokesperson, the studio's holiday 2002 release schedule is already packed with three big titles, namely Spider-Man, Men in Black 2 and Stuart Little 2, so look for Black Hawk Down to be released in the first quarter of 2003.
So the special edition will only have TWO discs? I thought it was supposed to have 3 discs.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
My understanding from previous announcements was that the SE would be a Superbit Deluxe title with a DTS track.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
My understanding from previous announcements was that the SE would be a Superbit Deluxe title with a DTS track.
I remember hearing that it would have a DTS track, but I never heard anything about it being a Superbit Deluxe title.

Do you guys remember the source of that information?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
From what I have heard (here on the HTF), is that a DD only SE will be coming out late 2002 or early 2003.
Then after that, CTHV will release a "regular" (meaning movie only) version of Black Hawk Down. With of course, a DTS track.
This is all just speculation from the board, not official. Just my imput.
;)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
From what I have heard (here on the HTF), is that a DD only SE will be coming out late 2002 or early 2003.

Then after that, CTHV will release a "regular" (meaning movie only) version of Black Hawk Down. With of course, a DTS track.
Don't you have that backwards? Doesn't the current Black Hawk Down DVD, which is "movie only," have a DD track only. And isn't the special edition, which is due out early next year, supposed to be a 2 or 3 disc set with commentaries and DTS?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Oh my goodness. You just pointed out a mistake that I wrote. I remember I was in a hurry when I wrote it.

What I meant, was that it would be a "regular" SuperBit (meaning, movie only).

Sorry to cause the confusion. :b

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This has been brought up before, but doesn't Rodley Scott do commentaries? The Superbit version wouldn't have them. So, MAYBE there will be a SE followed by a (single disc)Superbit by late next year. Just speculation on my part.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
This has been brought up before, but doesn't Rodley Scott do commentaries? The Superbit version wouldn't have them. So, MAYBE there will be a SE followed by a (single disc)Superbit by late next year. Just speculation on my part.
Ok, you guys are really confusing me. :frowning:
Dave, are you saying that you think there will a special edition AND a single disc Suberbit in addition to the current Black Hawk Down disc?
I realize that nothing is official or confirmed, but it is my understanding that we will be seeing a Black Hawk Down special edition (non-Suberbit) sometime next year. Also, it appears that the special edition will either be a 2 or 3 disc set with DTS and commentary tracks.
It seems that the main thing confusing me is this Suberbit rumor. Does anyone have any information from a reliable source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks