Will there be a 2002 National HTF Meet like last year's meet in LA?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael D. Bunting, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Just curious...I'm thinking about planning a vacation and wanted to see if there were any plans on a National HTF meet in LA again this year.

I know about the HT Cruise... and I'm still thinking about that one as well.

Mike

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    HI Mike!

As of several weeks ago, there will be no formal LA Meet this year. The studios have been real good to us but we needed to give them a break so we dont seem to impose too much.

But as you mentioned...there is still the cruise!!!

3. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
    Thanks Gregg...
    Still thinking on the cruise... not sure if I want to spend quite that much right now...once I add in the air-fare to Florida to take the cruise it's a little over my price range. Especially on Military Pay [​IMG]

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I got round trip from IAD to Miami for the cruise at $460 for two round trip. Prices are low right now.

5. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
    Philip,

May I ask who you went with to get such a good price?

I would be coming from Seattle, WA to Miami, FL... or maybe to Orlando, FL - as the wife and I want to make this a Disney World trip also - if we can.

I have been using expedia.com and I have found $452...but it's for each passenger...I would like to cut that in half like you did Philip...if at all possible.

Thanks for any guidance....

6. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

www.orbitz.com - I found their prices to be lower than expedia. Washington Dulles is a lot closer to Miami than Washington state though. [​IMG]

7. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
    Philip: Thanks for the link to orbitz.com

I have found some better prices than I first mentioned above... still looking and thinking though.

The tallest hurdle for me is taking off work. I'm in the military...and scheduling things like cruises with firm dates are a real big risk. My shop is really short-handed (as is most of the military)...so if one person were to deploy (that could even be me) I wouldn't be able to go and would have to cancel.

I'll keep thinking... and If I don't do this trip...the wife and I will do something...Disneyland, Disneyworld, etc... this summer - when I can just up and go for a week when I know I'm able to get off work for a week or two.

Thanks again Philip