Will the Yamaha gap be filled?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by WendyS, Apr 21, 2004.

1. WendyS

WendyS Stunt Coordinator

Are there any rumours or suspiscions of a model being produced that bridges the gap between the RXV2400 and flagship RXZ9 recievers, like there was with the 1300,2300,3300,RXZ1?
    The 3300 is still available at a local store for a decent price (1799 CND....not sure what the original prices were), but I'm leaning towards the 2400 just because of the YPAO,PLIIx, and other features not available on the earlier 3300. I would hate to commit to the 2400 and then have a beefed up version (3400?) become available in the summer for example.
    I've searched through several audio boards, and never see much talk about the 3300. Wonder why?

2. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

Unlikely. If Yamaha was planning to launch an RX-V3400, I think they would've done it by now, considering how long the RX-V1400/RX-V2400 have already been out (since Oct. 2003 or earlier). I think with the current model line-up, the RX-V2400 is top-of-the-line in their RX-V line, and then you have to go to the RX-Z line which is their flagship line. There hasn't even been any rumor or word of an RX-V3400, and if you look at the parallel HTR line, the top-of-the-line HTR-5790 is equivalent to the RX-V1400, giving the RX-V2400 a slight edge over all the models in the HTR and RX-V lines, indicating to me that it is probably going to be top-of-the-RXV-line.

If anything, you could contact Matt Hubbard, service manager at Yamaha Canada.

3. eryn shannon

eryn shannon Stunt Coordinator

I talked to Yamaha rep about 2 months ago and he said that they are planning to release a model between the 2400 and the Z1 this summer. He said they didn't release this model at the same time as the 1400 and 2400 because there wasn't anything that they could add too it that would justify the much higher price than the 2400.

4. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

Eryn, hopefully there is truth to the info the rep told you. I have been contemplating getting the RX-V2400 now or saving up and just waiting till about August to get the next model and a whole new speaker setup. I'll probably wait...more rewarding.

5. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

According to Yamaha, no RX-V3400 is planned. See my thread here