What's new

Will the Yamaha 5280 be enough power for a pair of JBL S312 speakers? (1 Viewer)

Well I am most likely gettin the S312 speakers and gettin the rest of my home theatre system as I can afford it. (ie get the center when I can afford it, sub, surround, etc) I am getting the Yamaha 5280 reciever (110x5) most likely. But my question is will this reciever be enough to make the S312 speakers sound good? They will only be getting 110 watts (or howerver many they really put out). That is the main question I have. Thanks guys!
-Drew

James Nguyen

Second Unit
I don't see why not. Nothing about the specs of the JBL S312s jump out at me as being too much for the 5280 to handle. For its price point, the 5280 is a fine piece of equipment, been quite happy with mine for the past 6 months or so. Mine will be relegated to bedroom duty once I figure out which 6.1/7.1 model I'm going to pick up, but there shouldn't be any problem with getting a decent sound out of your new speakers/receiver.
The one complaint I have about the receiver is that it tends to be a bit quiet at lower volumes, many seem to feel it's a trait of Yamaha receivers in general though. Some feel happier using headphones for late night DVD playback rather than using the Yammy at low volume. (Headphone playback is a downmix from the 5.1 playback rather than just the L/R mains)
Enjoy the new gear!

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
And how does it pair up with a HK AVR 120 only 40w X 5?

Thx dawg,

ELmO

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Cool link, I got 119-120 db from my sitting position, speaker efficienty, receiver wattage and speaker orientation.

How is that?

Thanks,

ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks