What's new

Will the X-box play SACD discs in Redbook mode? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I've read that a regular CD player can play SACD's (low res mode) but can an X-box?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'll test the three discs I have in a couple minutes and let you know the results.
edit-tried my copies of Steely Dan Gaucho, Pink Floyd, DSOTM, and the Police Every Breath You Take:The Classics. They're all hybrid discs which have worked in every other player I've tried(including my car) but none of them would read in my XBox which has a manufactured date of Feb 2002.
Perhaps models with the Samsung DVD drive will read them? mine won't read CD-Rs either so it's kinda picky(though it will read Memorex 650mb CD-RWs)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Dave I appreciate the extra effort! I know my old X-box will surly NOT play them then. As I was one of the fools that stood in line for several hours at a Wal-Mart that had only 20 units available. About 80 people were turned away after the midnight “raffle-style” drawing. I was number “17”. It was a “Cool” experience! But, I guess if I hadn’t gotten one it wouldn’t have been so cool, huh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks