What's new

Will the VHS version of Pearl Harbor be widescreen or P&S or both? (1 Viewer)

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if the VHS version of Pearl Harbor will be available in widescreen or Pan & Scan or both?
Don't get me wrong I am planning on buying the Directors Cut in January and in fact have not bought a VHS movie since DVD came out,except for the widescreen version of Star Wars 1.
If it is only in widescreen,will the average VHS consumer understand what they are seeing even if it comes with an explanation by the director?
Or will a lot of VHS consumers complain about missing picture information?
Just wondering...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
You want to buy VHS under the cover of darkness, Fine.
But don't brodcast the fact.
you were weak.
and you are part of the reason it took so long for Star wars to come out on DVD.
you buy VHS and you are compromising for a sad lack of quality.
you should be ashamed.
really.
-allthough I guess it is your life and your money.
....okay, do what you like.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Heck..I buy VHS tapes all the time...for my 6yr old. I dont trust him with DVD's yet..and he rewinds them too.... besides... for kids stuff..its a lot cheaper on VHS and he realy does not care about quality of pic yet...
Ocasionaly...I buy a VHS tape...something old that I like and is like 5-6 bucks... why not... or if my wife wants a movie..and I dont care for it..hehe..buy the VHS version.. it just does not happen very often...
------------------
So far, So good, So what
Link Removed
http://thomas2307.homestead.com/thomasworld.html

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
There are so many movies not on DVD, as well. I recently rented Clash of the Titans on VHS the other day. If it comes down to a movie I want to see, I will watch it on SOME kind of format - even though I only prefer DVD. However, it's pretty rare for me to rent VHS. I don't remember the last movie before Titans that I rented in VHS.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
My daughter just got a TV/VCR combo for her bedroom a few weeks ago. She really wanted a copy of You've Got Mail, so earlier this week I quietly slid into the VHS section of my local retail store and picked up a copy, hoping that no one I knew would see me "slumming".
When I mentioned to my wife the great "sacrifice" that I had made by venturing out into the VHS aisle, she laughed heartily (assuming that I was joking).
Little does she know...
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks