What's new

Will the "Track Status" display information damage my 35" Toshiba CRT? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I've got a Denon 2900 which unfortunately does not have a screen saver mode. Bout' the only thing I don't like about the unit. Anyway, the player is used mostly for SACD/DVD-A playback and it’s not usual for me to leave the track info up on the screen for hours at a time. My TV is a 7-year-old Toshiba 35” CRT, which has been AVIA calibrated and has a great picture. Should I be concerned about leaving this “Track Status Display” information up on screen for extended periods of time? Or am I being anal?

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Nobody has any "Pearls of Wisdom" regarding a possible "Burn In" issue?

Johnny_M

Second Unit
why risk it? do you really need to see track info when listening to music? i usually turn the tv off or switch it to cartoons. (makes a nice music video some times)

:)

johnny

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Johnny: I agree, why risk it indeed? But, I just wasn't sure if that type of menu overlay could cause the same type of burn-in damage. Oh, by the way option 2 is not practical for me. My two boys (7&10) would think I'm watching TV and attempt a remote control mutiny. My TV remote by the way, is the same as my receiver. Thanks for the feedback.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Yes, over time, it will result in uneven wear ... depends a lot on where the contrast is set and how long the TV has been on ...

Regards

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Michael: Good information, that's what I needed to know. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runemesa
Recent bookmarks