Will the Sci Fi movie "The Fountain" ever get made ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mikel_Cooperman, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    This was already in post production when Brad Pitt dropped out. Darren Aronofsky was set to direct and Cate Blanchette was set to costar.
    All I know is that it was a futuristic epic.
    I sure would like to know if it will ever go into production. I know that sets were built and costumes were made but apparently sold off or destroyed.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

If it were in post-production, Brad Pitt dropping out would have just made looping a pain in the ass. [​IMG] From what I gather, it's well and truly dead - Pitt leaving didn't help, but the studio was apparently looking at it as something that would cost a lot of money that they had no idea how to sell.

3. Bill J

Bill J Producer

4. Nick C.

Nick C. Second Unit

Looking through Variety.com

Hmm, wonder if Aronofsky will be working on "The Fountain" soon... Jackman has nothing listed on his slate over at IMDB, with his work on Van Helsing completed. From the sound of it, Blanchett is still attached--whether its Jackman or another actor--assuming production continues? The more Aussies the better [​IMG]

Anyone understand the paragraph about Pitt's taking a pay cut for "Troy"? Was Pitt forced to take a pay cut to ensure himself the lead role amongst competitors? He was already taking a deep cut when signing up for "The Fountain"... There's nothing about his signing a pay-or-play deal, so Warner probably didn't have to pay much for his services/time spent waiting for production to begin, so it's not like he got paid and then was guilted (contractually?) into accepting those funds as part of his "Troy" salary thus prompting the pay cut

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

During a interview during the Golden Globes, Ellen Burstyn said her next project was this film.

6. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Oh good, Ellen Burnstyn!!
    I dont care either way if Pitt is in it.

I guess Jackman is the man of the hour. He will do.

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron