What's new

Will the madness ever end? (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
You're right, Mark. So the smart manufacturers should skip ahead a few years and adopt the more futuristic (and, perhaps, inevitable) "Pico", or even "Femto" in their product names.

Picopod has a nice ring to it.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the semiconductor biz, and we've been using the nano term for a couple of years now. Jobs ripped it off from us.;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Have you seen the commercial for the big M&M's?

You know they're working on something even smaller than the minis - "Nano M&M's"

CharlesD

Screenwriter
After having my nano for a whole day now, I must say I am very impressed with it. The build quality is excellent, the thing is truly a work of art. The screen is bright with excellent contrast, the text is easy to read even at arms length. Sound quality is good and its loud enough even for my heavy metal and Formula One impaired hearing.

The interface is the same as other iPods. This is my first iPod & found it easy to use and learn. The click wheel thingy is a great feature & makes scrolling very easy and intuitive.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but this thing is really small! :D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
as much as i think apple makes some pretty cool electronics, i dont know if i would ever consider a video ipod. maybe i'm in the minority, but unless it had a screen as large as the sony psp, i dont see the point of mobile video. i love my 4th-gen monochrome ipod, and will hold off on upgrading until the new killer feature comes out. no larger than my current ipod, about 100 GB of flash memory, color screen, and the ability to upload pics from a digital camera, and i'm sold. i may be waiting a few years for the 100 GB of flash memory...

CJ

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Even tho my wife had seen pictures of it, when I pulled it out of the box she couldnt believe how tiny it was.

"oh, you're going to lose that thing in a week."

-paul

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Why would I want a video iPod? All my adult..... uh... er...

HEY, LOOK OVER THERE!!!

runs off in other direction

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
To quote The Onion:

'Great, I'd been waiting all my life to find a way to put 10,000 songs up my ass.'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks