What's new

Will the madness ever end? (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Just when you thought it was safe to walk outside without seeing an Ipod, Apple just adds more fuel to the fire.

As if the Ipod Mini and Shuffle weren't enough, make room for the Ipod Nano

(insert references to the Ipod Flea here)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
It looks thinner than a head phones jack, where do you plug them in?

Pretty cool. Gotta hand it to Apple, they know how to re-invent something ad nauseum.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I'd buy a nano right now if it were 150 instead of 200, the shuffole just won't do it for me and it seems like the mini is gone.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm sure the Mini will show up at various online outlets at closeout prices. Keep an eye out at Amazon, Buy.com or Overstock.com. And even on the Apple site under clearance items.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
What is the big obstacle in the way of gapless playback, for MP3s or any other format? The (no longer manufactured) Rio Karma supported it, as does the desktop application Foobar 2000. The clever engineer who developed it for the Karma must still be out there somewhere, or was he kidnapped by the Red Chinese? He must have left notes behind, so that someone else can carry on his work, or were those destroyed in a mysterious fire? Let me guess -- the Stonecutters are sitting on the secret of gapless playback technology, until such time as its release to the world serves their nefarious ends.

Do any of the new iPods support gapless playback for FLAC files or any other non-MP3 format?

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
I've been drooling all day over this as my 4 GB mini sits here on my desk ... now a [mini-]dinosaur.

The mini was the most successful mp3 player in history (from a units sold standpoint), the holiday shopping season is imminent ... so what does Steve Jobs do ... he discontinues it. This guy is the coolest geek EVER! My hero.

You forgot to mention that the iPod Nano is 100% flash based - means you can run, jump, parachute, whatever, and it will never miss a beat. Also battery is good for 14+ hrs ... FOR REAL this time.

Did I mention that tech guru Walt Mossberg has proclaimed the Nano ... I've already called my local Apple store ... they are expecting them in this afternoon.

Scott

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
wow 4gb of flash, pretty neat. I'll hang onto my clunky 30gb until they make a decent mp3 player/cell phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks