Will The Invaders ever make it to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DerekL, Sep 22, 2003.

1. DerekL

DerekL Auditioning

With the onslaught of old TV shows coming on DVD, does anyone know if that old 1960s sci-fi show, The Invaders, will be coming on DVD. You think Fox Mulder had it tough, what about David Vincent? Poor bloke always managed to stop an alien invasion each week, and usually got beaten up in the process.

2. Leon Liew

Leon Liew Stunt Coordinator

Yeah that was an early alien series way back in the 60s.
    Never misses an episode. Roy Thinnes was great as David Vincent, nobody believes the guy.[​IMG]

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Given that this series ran for only two years and hasn't developed that much in the way of a cult following, it probably won't have a new lease on life via DVD. But, then, one never knows. (Roy Thinnes was good, though.)

4. Rodney

Rodney Screenwriter
    Supporter

Wow, haven't thought of this show for a long time.
    If it did come on DVD, hope no one looks to closely at my 4th finger when I grab for the box. [​IMG]

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I always chuckled at that concept, as well as the sudden glow and vaporization upon death. The flying saucers they arrived in were modeled after George Adamski's allegedly "real" spaceships that the "space brothers" took him for hops around the Solar System on.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Never having seen this show at all, I would love a DVD of it so I could find out what all the fuss is about. I enjoy Thinnes in everything else I've seen him in, so I'd buy it blind.

7. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

Here's something to think about...

ABC holds the underlying rights to the series, while Paramount Domestic Television (successor-in-interest to WorldVision Enterprises) holds the syndication rights. Selected episodes were previously released on GoodTimes Home Video (under license from ABC).

So probably MGM would now hold the video rights as ABC's library is now lumped under parent company Buena Vista/Disney's distribution unit, and MGM recently struck a limited video output deal with Buena Vista.