Will the Frasier set have a box

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dean C, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

After all the other seasons are complete will they release a special box for all 11 seasons too since Friends show did

2. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

Different studios and different amount of sales. It's comparing apples and oranges, basically.

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I'd frankly love to see a special box for "Frasier", especially since the spines of each set are a mixed bag (i.e. different pictures, placement of the title). These sets lack uniformity, unlike "Friends" who stayed true to the original concept right to the finish. I think, once completed, "Frasier" could benefit from a box holding all 11 seasons. But as Elijah stated above, "Friends" is Warner and "Frasier" is Paramount. I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Paramount does package their sets together once a few seasons have been out (in most cases, not even the entire series), but I don't recall there ever being a slipcase; just the individual box sets shrinkwrapped.

5. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Paramount already has multi-season packaging available for Frasier - however, as Anthony notes, these are shrinkwrapped sets. No slipcase.

-Scott

6. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Maybe you could get Paul Champagne to make a custom case for you. He has great custom-made DVD cases available on his website: http://designpaulchampagne.com/

I was wondering when/if he'd start to offer cases for TV shows, now that several have completed their full series on DVD...and now I see he has just added his first custom case for a TV show, "24" Seasons 1-3. It looks fantastic! He also has a new BATMAN LEGACY and ULTIMATE KEVIN SMITH COLLECTION that look great. I really love his case for THE CHUCKY COLLECTION. There is a link to Smith's VIEW ASKEW website to order his box, and there's some good shots of the actual box with a detailed description.

Most of the cases average about $30, which is a bit expensive for just a case, but they are very high quality in design and construction.

I think Paul still accepts custom orders, but you'd have to contact him to be sure. I know he'll offer a box on his site if there's enough demand.

I wish the studios would use some of Paul's designs for their box sets, even if they were made of cardboard. Most of Paul's work is better than what the studios put out.

7. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Wow, his work is amazing. I wouldn't even think twice about purchasing a box from him if he created one for "Frasier". Fantastic stuff.

8. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

I just hope they dont come out as an entire series set once they bring season 9 and 10 out.

9. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

I would doubt it. Imagine owning an entire set of close to 70 dvd's. Maybe that will be the only way to see extras or the special episode b4 the series ended.

10. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

well, Frasier ran 11 seasons, a complete series box set would be 44 discs, 45 if they give a bonus disc. That's not much more than Friends and Buffy, each of which had 40 discs in their complete series box sets.

Of course, it really depends if the sales are there or not, but after seeing Brady Bunch, quite possibly it could happen

11. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit