What's new

Will the 2 disc FOX sets and the Widescreen versions still be available? (1 Viewer)

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
Will the 2-disc sets that 20th Century Fox and Columbia/ Tri-Star still be available for sale after the 1-disc or pan/scan versions are released?

Like Sound of Music, Final Fantasy etc.

Both of these studios should continue to offer them for sale for those consumers who maybe just getting into DVD?

The only thing I can think of is that both studios are pulling these 2-disc sets now and then years down the road re-release them again. Does anybody know if this is their plan?

Luckily I have most of these sets that I want, except for Final Fantasy which I will pick up before the release of the 1-disc version sometime in August.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The two-disc sets that are being changed into 1-disc sets will still be widescreen, supposedly.

Films that are rereleased as pan-and-scan versions will still, according to Peter Staddon (VP at Fox), have widescreen versions available on DVD. Even if the WS version is a 1-disc edition, where formerly it was a 2-disc edition.

That is what Peter has said here on HTF (use the search function to find the old threads). I see no reason to doubt him, other than the fact that "plans change".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks