What's new

Will Studio Abandon OAR? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's odd, but as an early adopter of this format it almost feels like the MAR majority is stealing my personal property when they finally embrace the format in mass quantity and then say: "Now we'll have it our way thank you"

Are the HT enthusiast enough of a force to combat this ?

I feel if we are all to be satisfied we need to fight not for Dual releases but for both versions to be on the same disk. Sure this will cripple Features, but as DVD matures and the participants want more $$$ for commentaries etc, that may not be an issue. If we surrender to dual releases like universal has done that is a win for the MAR folks, stores won't devote shelf space to both, they'll opt for what the majority wants. Rental stores we all know what they'll carry, so we lose again.

My new Battle cry is that I am a consumer and I want to Choose. Dual Format Disks allows me a choice, which is better than the alternative.

I Welcome feedback

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I don't think they'll abandon OAR. It does sell very well, even with MAR on the MARket. ;) I do forsee it possibly moving to just OAR on "Special Editions" and having to pay a bit more. Not much we can do about whatever happens, except refuse to buy anything but OAR.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Paramount Home Entertainment & Dreamworks Home Entertainment are the best studios when it comes to the OIAR of a film.

There are few instances when they do have an altered film but they have always provided the original intended aspect ratio of a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks