What's new

Will someone explain those "movie tournament" posts in "Polls" to me? (I'm dumb. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
So, to paraphrase a certain film, "talk to me like I'm a four-year-old." Use simple, one-syllable words. Speak very slowly.

But just what is going on in those threads? How are those games played?

Also, doesn't anybody here get annoyed by those black bars that show up on your screen when you play DVDs?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Jack, buddy...
They're just games...meant to be fun and not to be taken too seriously.
Basically, each bracket gives you a choice of two films or actors or whatever and you choose which you think is better based upon the criteria specified (ie. acting, direction, cinematography or just which film you like best, etc.).
That's pretty much it.
Some of them, like my recent ones, allow players to nominate competitors for the tournaments.
If you read the first post on "Movie(ish) Tournament - Cinematography Edition," it's pretty much spelled out there. Click here.
I suggest skimming through the thread and you should be able to see what's going on (and incidentally, all the "wild card" spots are already filled on that one). I'd love to see you come by and vote!
:)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
...and here I thought it was just away to crank-up your post count, like the word assoc. thread;)
Peace Out~:D

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Personally, I've never paid much attention to my post count. I'll probably sail right on by 2000 without even noticing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks