1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Will someone explain those "movie tournament" posts in "Polls" to me? (I'm dumb.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Briggs, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

So, to paraphrase a certain film, "talk to me like I'm a four-year-old." Use simple, one-syllable words. Speak very slowly.

But just what is going on in those threads? How are those games played?

Also, doesn't anybody here get annoyed by those black bars that show up on your screen when you play DVDs?

2. Rain

Rain Producer

Jack, buddy...
    They're just games...meant to be fun and not to be taken too seriously.
    Basically, each bracket gives you a choice of two films or actors or whatever and you choose which you think is better based upon the criteria specified (ie. acting, direction, cinematography or just which film you like best, etc.).
    That's pretty much it.
    Some of them, like my recent ones, allow players to nominate competitors for the tournaments.
    If you read the first post on "Movie(ish) Tournament - Cinematography Edition," it's pretty much spelled out there. Click here.
    I suggest skimming through the thread and you should be able to see what's going on (and incidentally, all the "wild card" spots are already filled on that one). I'd love to see you come by and vote!
    [​IMG]

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    ...and here I thought it was just away to crank-up your post count, like the word assoc. thread[​IMG]
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Rain

Rain Producer

Personally, I've never paid much attention to my post count. I'll probably sail right on by 2000 without even noticing. [​IMG]

5. Sam C

Sam C Stunt Coordinator