What's new

Will Sliders ever make it to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
If they can bring Battlestar Galactic to DVD, I'd like to see Sliders?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sliders is on the same original press release as BSG, but none of those sets have had a word since. It's not a question of if, it's a question of WHEN Universal is sold, THEN there will be sliders

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Well Universal orginally announced sliders was in the works at the same time they did galactica. Along with a bunch of other tv product. But who knows when they will get around to releasing it.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I finally caught the last two years in reruns on Sci-Fi. Boy, was the last season bad...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen season 5, I'm scared to :) 4 was so horrible and had a budget of 7 cents/ep :) I'll be stopping at 3

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah i will only be buying up till S3. I caught some of S4 and S5 and it was pretty bad. The only thing of interest to me from S5 is apparently there is a Wade voice over somewhere not sure if it's the last episode or what. I've never seen it though and i can't justify buying a set just for that.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I'm just going to stick with the first season, which was, for the most part, excellent.

I lost interest sometime in season 2 and only caught a few episodes here and there until the series disappeared. Did they finially make it home ("they" meaning whoever was left of the orginial sliders. Some of the later shows i've seen had different cast members.)

Dean

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They did make it back to Earth Prime, but it'd been taken over by Kromaggs.

Arturo leaves mid season 3, Wade left after season 3, Quinn left after 4 (taking his tagalong charity job brother the horrific actor with him) and Remy was the only one to make it all the way through.

I'm just going to stick with the first season, which was, for the most part, excellent.
Given that the first 2 seasons were I think 10 and 13 episodes I won't be suprised if they package them together

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I loved seasons 1 & 2, season 3 made me very suspicious as they seemed to be going to monster of the week worlds rather than anything with an interesting historical/sociological story. Then, they brought in the Kromaggs. I'll be stopping at three.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
yesterday on sci-fi they had a 5 hour mini marathon of assorted sliders episodes. I was thinking how id buy them on dvd in a second.

capt

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I didn't even know there was a season 5! It went way down hill at 4.

Matt`L

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on the release of the sliders dvds?

Here in Australia I don't believe this show is screening on either FTA or cable. I used to watch this show every week, but unfortunately have only seen each episode in its original FTA airing.

Hopefully we get some news on this soon. It would also be great if season one and two (~22 episodes) were released as one boxed set.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nothing heard here yet. :frowning:

You would think they would want to kick this off while John Rhys Davies is so hot right now from Rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks