What's new

Will sending the LFE signal to both L and R really make a difference? (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Hey guys,
I just got the Tiny Mighty II and am loving it. I got a monster subwoofer cable, but my Yamaha receiver has one subwoofer out and the sub has two inputs, L and R. Now, in the basics guide, it says that splitting the signal and feeding it into both inputs will improve the sub volume considerably or something. I was thinking of buying a splitter, but first I want to know if you guys think it will really make any difference. Why does the sub have two inputs anyway? Thanks!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
There is no reason to have two inputs since even if you use the left right line output[from the receiver] to have "stereo" bass,the source of that bass is still the same 1 sub so it's kinda defeats that "argument".
When both inputs are utilized some subs sound louder at the same setting[it's input sensetivity being "altered"]but it won't improve it's real world performance.It's the same thing when you turn up the sub out level by say 3db.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks