Will Sears Price Match Costco?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christian Sonntag, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Christian Sonntag

I am interested in the Sony 53HS30 RPTV. I noticed Costco has it for $2299, which seems like a very good price. However, I'd prefer to put this baby on my Sears credit account, assuming they will price match Costco. I also want to purchase a Panny RP91 DVD player at the same time, and Costco doesn't carry this unit (not sure if Sears does either).
    How would I go about getting the price match? Since Costco doesn't issue advertising, how do I get them to believe the price?
    Cheers,
    Chris

2. Dave Reichert

Dave Reichert Stunt Coordinator

It really kind of depends on who you talk to at Sears. TECHNICALLY Sears doesn't price match Costco because you have to purchase a membership to shop there. But if someone came into the Sears I work at and wanted me to price match that, I would because I'd make about $120 by doing so. Also, if you hurry up and get in there on Wednesday you can get 0% financing on your Sears card until 01/03. I can't remember off the top of my head if we carry the panny 91 or not, but if we do you can get a $119.99 credit towards a DVD player right now too. Sounds like you can get a helluva deal right now!