What's new

Will Sci-Fi Movies ever win an Oscar ??? (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Minority Report plothole:
this was discussed extensively in the MR thread. some opined, and I agree, that since Burgess was Anderton's boss, and was the one who set him up, he could have deliberately left Anderton's clearance active, since Burgess' plan required Anderton to return to the HQ and kidnap the pre-cog Agnes; or something like that

as for Raiders, it's been ages since I watched that [rant]when are the DVDs coming???[/rant] but just off the top of my head, WW2 U-boats didn't cruise underwater extensively like today's subs do, because they mainly used diesel engines, which needed air to operate; they had batteries for limited electric-motor operation during attacks, or escapes, but this could not be used for extended cruising. hence, it is not implausible for Indy to stowaway on a U-boat running on the surface the entire journey -- of course if it submerged at any time that gets ridiculous, especially since U-boats were tiny compared to today's attack subs (watch Das Boot for a good reference). in contrast today's US submarmines are nuclear powered and the engine needs no air, whilst breathing air is recycled/ purified with technology not available in the 1940s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks