Will Rogers Collection Volume 3?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ColbyCo82, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ColbyCo82

ColbyCo82 Stunt Coordinator

Steven
    The last Will Rogers collection came out almost a year ago and there hasnt been any word about a Volume 3. I assume this is because the sets weren't selling well, but I was hoping there might be at least one more collection given that Fox has already spent considerable money restoring them. So, I was just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors about Volume 3? or are the other Rogers films just going to stay in the vaults?

So far 10 Rogers films have been released between the collections and the Ford at Fox set. That leaves 10 more Fox films that have yet to be released. I would love to see them all relased in a set of double features like the Ford at Fox discs, but if single releases are all we get these would be my picks:
    1.They Had to See Paris/Down to Earth double feature (1929/1932-His first talkie and its sequel)
    2. A Connecticut Yankee (1931)
    3. Business and Pleasure (1932)
    4. Young as You Feel or Handy Andy (1931/1934)

2. Rod J

Rod J Stunt Coordinator
    Supporter

Rodney Jewett
    PLEASE include "State Fair"

(unfortunately it looks like an abandoned project, but I'm glad for the ones that made it)

3. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

Does an acceptable print for HANDY ANDY exist? It was Robert Taylor's film debut.

4. ColbyCo82

ColbyCo82 Stunt Coordinator

Steven
    I agree that State Fair should be released, but I didnt include it in my wish list because I figured that was one film that could be released on its own or in a State Fair deluxe edition.

5. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

I notice that Movies Unlimited is releasing a Will Rogers "Double Feature" of IN OLD KENTUCKY and LIFE BEGINS AT 40 on 5/27.