Will PVR's like Tivo and Replay become outdated?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ryan Wishton, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I was just wondering if Tivo, Replay, etc. are eventually going to become obsolete?

It just seems with hard drives becoming available in DVD recorders which will probably eventually be just as advanced as Tivo, not many people would want to buy a Tivo...

While Tivo is popular, nowhere near the amount of people own one as say a DVD player... No one I know even has an interest in paying for a PVR...

Another thing is the price... Paying for a lifetime subscription fee... Well, what if it becomes obsolete in the next few years? Then, the lifetime subscription is down the drain...

Thats just the scary thing... I dont want to buy something to have it become obsolete after awhile when DVD recorders and such become more advanced and popular...

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

3. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Directivo sounds like a ton of fun... The ability to watch a channel while recording another is also great... I would definately get one if we had Directv... We used to have Directv, but after moving we now have cable again because we needed high speed internet...

We also got a great deal... Digital Cable with the digital box and High Speed Internet for $53 for the first year... Kind of hard to pass up when in includes both things... Just High Speed Internet is normally $42.95 in this area...

But, I do eventually want a PVR... I would love to have one now, but I think I will wait a little longer just incase...

4. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

5. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

6. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer