What's new

Will putting a DVD player in my van make my kids car sick? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
To answer your original car-sickness question (;)) - almost certainly not. Most kids who get car-sick at all do so from reading, not from other in-car activities. And this seems to be a function of trying to focus on a constantly-moving series of characters a short distance from the eyes. This can seriously mess with the inner ear's sense of balance, and produce nausea. Watching a movie on a screen is an essentially passive act, little different from watching the world slip past while looking at the windows. They can look at the "big picture" without having to tightly focus on particular areas as they would with a book, or even a comic book. (Personally I read all the time on long trips when I was little, and was considered something of a freak since all the other kids in the extended family would get violently ill if they tried to read in a moving car. :))

Oh, and this seemed to be the perfect thread for this:

Bound and Gagged by Dana Summers

:D

Regards,

Joe

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
And also, there's no need to distribute "fatherly" warnings to fellow posters.
Yea you kids be quiet back there! :D :wink:

Steve that's quite a setup! Eclipse, Alpine, wireless headsets, and a 10" screen.. your kids will be in heaven!! Does the system have aux inputs, for possible gaming in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks