What's new

Will Pratchett's Hogfather be released? (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I was in a bookstore recently and saw the shooting script for Terry Pratchett's Hogfather. It had photos of the filming and a complete script, it said it was a BBC (forgive me if I'm wrong) Christmas special but I'm holding out hope that it will be released on DVD sometime soon.
If anyone has any info on it I would appreciate anything you can let me know

Thanks
Jon

David Allum

Stunt Coordinator
It's actually being shown (in HD!) on the Sky One satellite channel in the UK. No solid DVD information: Amazon.co.uk has a page for it, which is a good sign, but no release date or other information. I've seen March/April mentioned on a Discworld board, but nothing official.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
DVD Active have details on the Hogfather release.

Follow the link for cover art - which I do not like. Yes, David Jason is probably the biggest star in the show, but he's by no means the biggest character, and should not be anywhere near that prominent on the cover. If anything, he needs to swap position with Death so that Death is the main focus of the cover - and then include Susan in a position of equal prominence with Death, since it really is their story.
Instead, they've just gone "Who are the biggest 'names' in the show", and put them on the cover, halfheartedly including Death because they had to. It's an artless and annoying cover.

I really liked the show, thought it rang pretty true to the book (although I haven't read it in a few years - must pick it up again). I'll be picking it up.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, as it is, an absolutely terrible cover. Not exactly sure how they even managed to do one without featuring Susan on it, she should have been in front. Not only because she was the bigger character, but she's very pretty to look at as well (certainly more so than Albert ;).)

And correct me if I'm wrong but this was shot in 25p HD, so a Region 1 DVD would have to have "NTSC slowdown" with lower-pitched voices right? Either that or terrible PAL-NTSC conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks