What's new

Will Pixar Ever Release A BUG'S LIFE, THE INCREDIBLES & WALL-E in 3D? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I had heard years ago that Pixar was planning to convert their three remaining 2D-only films, but perhaps because Disney is generally pulling back on 3D for the home market, this will not happen. Has anyone inside information?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have no information, but I have to think that ship has sailed. The last conversion was what...Lion King? Little Mermaid? And if those films couldn't keep that project going, nothing else will.

I guess the best chance for any of them is when Incredibles 2 comes out. I'm just not clamoring for the 3D version.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I doubt it. Pixar has never been too interested in 3D, hence why they got on the bandwagon late and only because Disney forced them to. And even then, it's just for depth of field.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
That is probably the most thoughtful and well-written article attempting to explain the dwindling support for Blu-ray 3D of any I have read. Thanks.

I still see a couple of logical flaws. The article explains how some of the Pixar 3D rereleases only made 35m or some such number. From what I understand, it's relatively inexpensive to do a 3D conversion (especially for computer animated films). So even only making 35m is still nearly free money. Also, it seems that the article suggests a coorelation between a 3D release and diminishing returns. I would suggest that 3D has little or nothing to do with it. Those films have been on DVD and BD for some time and are probably watched constantly in households with young kids. So naturally, there's going to be a somewhat limited audience (the article does address this point, but it's almost presented as an afterthought). And also the article compares the financial performance of releases to the success of The Lion King, which is really in a class of its own in terms of popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks