Will Parasound match with M&K

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bernard Tan, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Bernard Tan

Bernard Tan Auditioning

Dear All,

I'm planning to purchase a Parasound Halo C2 controller and Parasound A51 5 channel Power Amp to match with Definitive Technology BP10 or BP30 (main), C/L/R 2000 (center)and BPX (sur).

Please advice if this 2 brand will be a good match, thanks.

sorry there is some amendment, it should be Definitive Technology instead of M&K. First time post over here and not sure how to amend the title.

Regards,
    Bernard[​IMG]:

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Some time back (more than 1.5 yrs ago) I heard the Parasound amps mated to Deftechs at a dealer in Danbury that used to carry them (Carstons Stereo I think). But since about a year or so they have discontinued the Parasound line. From my memory I think it was a good match. I remember seeing the time warp travel sequence in Stargate and was Wowwed by the sound effects. I had also listened to some Telarc classical CD's that I bring along when ever I am auditioning audio gear. They also sounded great from what I remember. So you can rest easy that the Parasound would be a great match to your Deftechs. In fact I have listened to Parasound amps extensively with other speakers like Mirage, Viennas, Sonus Faber, Boston Acoustics, Klipsch etc and I have yet to find a speaker that the Parasound didnt mate well with. The Parasound has a slightly laid back warm texture and mates well with most any speakers esp the bright ones like Klipsch. Its usually the bright and forward sounding amps that you have to be careful mating to speakers, IMHO. The warm amps like B&K, Rotel, Parasound etc can be mated to almost any speakers with out a problem. They are especially suited to most mordern day speakers with metallic dome tweeters (that are on the bright side).

Just my 2 cents.

3. Bernard Tan

Bernard Tan Auditioning

Hi Yogi,

What do you think if I add this 2 player in with the Parasound and Deftechs? Marantz DV8300 (DVD Player) and Arcam DiVA CD82 or CD92 (CD Player) will this a good match as well or there is any other you will recommend?

Regards,
    Bernard

4. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I think matching speakers to amps is most important. Any source with good DACs and analog stages should be a good match to any amp/speaker combination.

My 2 cents.

5. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

Very good match,I had the 1205a with 2000tl's and it sounded top notch all the way.

6. Bernard Tan

Bernard Tan Auditioning

Thanks guys [​IMG]

And now, how about matching Rotel RSP1066 (Processor) ,Rotel RMB1095 (power) the same match with Definitive Technology BP10 or BP30 (main), C/L/R 2000 (center)and BPX (sur). Marantz DV8300 (DVD Player) and Arcam DiVA CD82 or CD92 (CD Player).

I was told that Rotel and Parasound sound almost the same when it match with Deftechs speakers.??? if this is what going to happen, then I might as well go for the Rotel. as this going to save me around S$14k.

I'm really in a mess right now, too many word to listen to and can't really decide which one to go for. Rotel? Parasound or what? Going nut soon.

Regards,
    Bernard