What's new

Will OXM replace your disc if you're not a subscriber? (1 Viewer)

Kami

Screenwriter
My September Official Xbox Magazine disc is defective. It's not a problem with my xbox because old OXM discs and all my games work.

On their site the form is only for subscribers...has anyone who bought the magazine got a replacement? How do you go about doing it?

I was looking forward to the SC2 demo and Halo 2 footage :frowning:

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Take the magazine and the disc into the retail store you bought it from and exchange it. You paid for a magazine AND a DVD demo disc, if the disc doesn't work they should replace it. Most booksellers wouldn't even bat an eye...

Kami

Screenwriter
I've tried...and this isn't a bookseller. It's a local corner store. I think it took me 5 minutes to explain what the disc was (they don't speak english too well) and then they refuse to replace it. I knew if it went on any further it would've turned into a scene...:thumbsdown: over a magazine? no thanks.

I'll never make that mistake again.

So has ANYONE got a replacement?

Kami

Screenwriter
My disc sleeve says to go to their site for a replacement but the form is for subscribers only. What is the # on yours?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Before you go to the trouble of returning, have you tried boiling the disc in water? It has fixed 2 OXM discs and a XBL beta disc for me.

You just need to be careful not to boil it too long & keep it away from the sides & bottom of the pot.

-Dave

[edit: hehe, Like Dean recommended :) ]

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
...have you tried boiling the disc in water? It has fixed 2 OXM discs and a XBL beta disc for me.
This is not a joke. It actually works. I've had to do it three times and each one performed flawlessly. Something to do with removing a film that is left over from production. As indicated above make sure it's not in too long - 10-15 seconds ought to do it. Dry it well and let it cool off before playing. Water sometimes collects in the inner perimeter and I find that a tissue paper or paper towel draws it out.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
When in doubt, boil some water & get some clean sheets. At least that's what they always do in old movies. ;)

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks