Will OXM replace your disc if you're not a subscriber?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kami, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

My September Official Xbox Magazine disc is defective. It's not a problem with my xbox because old OXM discs and all my games work.

On their site the form is only for subscribers...has anyone who bought the magazine got a replacement? How do you go about doing it?

I was looking forward to the SC2 demo and Halo 2 footage [​IMG]

2. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Take the magazine and the disc into the retail store you bought it from and exchange it. You paid for a magazine AND a DVD demo disc, if the disc doesn't work they should replace it. Most booksellers wouldn't even bat an eye...

3. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

I've tried...and this isn't a bookseller. It's a local corner store. I think it took me 5 minutes to explain what the disc was (they don't speak english too well) and then they refuse to replace it. I knew if it went on any further it would've turned into a scene...[​IMG] over a magazine? no thanks.

I'll never make that mistake again.

So has ANYONE got a replacement?

4. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

My disc sleeve says to go to their site for a replacement but the form is for subscribers only. What is the # on yours?

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Before you go to the trouble of returning, have you tried boiling the disc in water? It has fixed 2 OXM discs and a XBL beta disc for me.

You just need to be careful not to boil it too long & keep it away from the sides & bottom of the pot.

-Dave

[edit: hehe, Like Dean recommended [​IMG] ]

6. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

When in doubt, boil some water & get some clean sheets. At least that's what they always do in old movies. [​IMG]

-Dave