What's new

Will or Should the Men in Black 2 DVD include the original ending featuring WTC? (1 Viewer)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
I had heard quite differently. That the original ending actually involved the WTC taking some damage when an alien ship emerged from within it. If that was the case, then I certainly understand why it was cut, as that would, and I think we all can agree on this, have been in very poor taste. I also read somewhere that the ending was only partially shot, if it all.

- Guy

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I am just hoping that by the time FOX releases The Simpsons Season 9 DVD set they will include the full uncut The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson episode. Something tells me they might not, or they will edit it. I watched that episode the other day and totally forgot about the two guys leaning out of the towers yelling to Homer. The kicker line is when one guy says that they "keep all the jerks" in the other tower. At the current rate of release we will have to wait until 2006 at least so maybe it will be "ok" by then.

--Ian

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I am just hoping that by the time FOX releases The Simpsons Season 9 DVD set they will include the full uncut The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson episode… At the current rate of release we will have to wait until 2006 at least so maybe it will be "ok" by then.
I suspect that you're correct with regards to your last point, Ian. Even if they ramp the release schedule up to two or three seasons a year, we're looking at a wait of at least three years or so. By that time, I'm quite certain that it will be something of a non-issue. I think everyone will be aware of the proper historical context of the episode.

Honestly, even if they released season nine today, I'd be surprised to see that episode missing or trimmed. Fox tends to be pretty good about that sort of thing, and I suspect that the Simspons folks, who are pretty heavily involved in the creation of the DVDs, would insist that the episode be included uncut.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
That's what angers me about post-9/11 sensitivity. It's like the movie industry is supposed to pretend that there never was a World Trade Center. How many people are going to run home from the theater in tears because *gasp* they SAW the towers in a movie!!
Well I don't run in tears when I see the WTC on tv or in a movie but I can't help thinking about my cousin(NYFD) or my ex-girlfriend or my other friends that died in the north tower. And I really don't appreciate some of these idiots telling me or anyone else that have suffered a loss on 9/11
to get over it...more so if you are not from NY.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Are you lot completely without irony?!

I'm quite stunned that most of you seem to think that the "Two Towers" petition and all the signatures were deadly serious.

As for those desperate to see the original ending included on the DVD, I'm afraid I find that morbid in the extreme. How on earth will it benefit you?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Wow, this thread is really getting touchy. Look some people it bothers too much and I think most of us can respect that. But for others we don't think every movie needs to have the image of the Twin Towers stricken from all records. Makes it too much like the terrorists won. Some of us can see them and while we still can feel the pain of all who suffered, this was an attack on America, not just on the individuals who died or lost someone that day, we can also see the pride the towers displayed. And that doesn't mean we're morbid for feeling that way.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Well I don't run in tears when I see the WTC on tv or in a movie but I can't help thinking about my cousin(NYFD) or my ex-girlfriend or my other friends that died in the north tower. And I really don't appreciate some of these idiots telling me or anyone else that have suffered a loss on 9/11 to get over it...more so if you are not from NY.
What I'm getting at is that it's ok the feel sad and remember those you've lost when you see those towers in a movie, and that editing them out of movies will NOT bring your loved ones back. Hollywood seems to think that Americans are weak. It's ok to feel sad and sorry, and if they accidentally remind you of those you lost, maybe that's not such a bad thing at all.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
omg, iwas just readin the petition and couldnt stop laughin my ass off. seriously are these people serious? no one can be this stupid...

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks