What's new

Will NFL Sunday Ticket be on Cable? (1 Viewer)

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I heard someone say that you might be able to get the NFL package on cable this year. Anyone know anything about this?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I have always been able to get it. Well, maybe just on digital cable. Can't remember.

TCI, now AT&T Broadband.

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
You can get every NFL game on cable? I thought the only way was with a dish. I have digital cable and can get NBA, NHL, WNBA, MLB, MLS, NASCAR in car, College football and college Basket ball, but no NFL Sunday Ticket. :frowning:

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
DirecTV has exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think their contract is up for negotiations soon so there may be some bidding wars. However I would expect DirecTV will pay any amount since it what really separates them from Dish Network and the cable companies.

Jeff

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff is right. NFL Sunday Ticket is a Directv exclusive. It is not on Digital cable. Many of my friends are pissed because they went the Digital Cable route and they can't get Sunday Ticket or all the games some other way.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... Maybe I am remembering the NHL and NBA... :D
Quick side question: Someday, in the world of broadband, on-demand video, I keep hoping that instead of an entire NHL package, or an entire NFL package, where I wouldn't be interested in most of the games anyway, why not a "City where you were born" package?
For me, I'd buy the Pittsburgh, PA package. Steelers, Pens, Pirates, Pitt football and basketball, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks