Will my PQ suffer?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MikeHU, Oct 24, 2004.

1. MikeHU

MikeHU Stunt Coordinator

Remodeling the HT room and planning on putting the components in a nearby closet, out of site (WAF). My DVD will be connected via component to the RPTV. I figure the run will be somewhere between 30 to 40 ft. long. Denon 2910 using the Switching in the Denon 2805 - output via component to Mits. 55" HD - RPTV. Can anyone advise me as to whether I will experience significant drop in signal (PQ) due to the longer run? I plan on buying some quality cables from Bluejeans, as I have been happy with them in the past. (no DVI on my RPTV). Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

30 to 40 feet I believe pq would suffer due to the long run. Not only pq would suffer but you would be exposed to interference from other devices that omit radio frequezies. Try to keep the run between the DVD player and t.v. to no more than 15 feet IMHO.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I am in the process of moving my equipment as well. My DirecTivo is the first to get moved. It's connected to my 55" Mitsu with composite video and analog audio using 50' RG-6 coax from Home Depot. The picture is EXACTLY the same as it was when it was sitting on the TV. I just need to run the component cables for my DVD and HD receiver.

-Robert

4. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

The length of the cable, given any reasonable cable, should not be an issue.

Start really thinking about it after you get to, say, 300'.

Leo Kerr

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

300', sheesh that's some long cable.

6. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

well, where I work, the shortest possible cable run from the control room to the display is about 200'. The longest runs we have are closer to 600'.

We use a lot of distribution amplifiers...

(...we also compromise and run a lot of just plain composite video, too.)

Leo