Will my 100w receiver drive the Paradigm Studio 100 v3?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bill"R, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Bill"R

Bill"R Auditioning

Hi. I'm looking for a 3 way speaker for my 9'11' bedroom. I own a Kyocera r-861 integrated receiver I bought in 1987.
    Recently, I auditioned the new Paradigm Studio 100s and loved the sound. However, they were powered by a $4,000 165w amp.

Will the Paradigms sound as good at home with my 100w receiver? Or will I need to get on the upgrade treadmill to fully enjoy these speakers?

This is my first post and I appreciate being here. Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give me.

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I have a feeling that the receiver should have no problem powering them as long as you don't push it. Down the road I would suggest a good 2ch amp for your musical needs to get the most out of the speakers.

Kevin

3. Justin_collins

Could run them with 50w, but would not sound as good as 100w. I can tell you that 200w even at lower volumes make the speaker shine.

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

It will run them, but not to their fullest extent. But it is hard to say by just power alone. An amp that old might be stronger than today's amps.

To bring out the best of the 100's, 200-300 watts is best.