What's new

Will Kundun be revisited? (1 Viewer)

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I really liked this movie and was wondering if there are any plans in the future to revisit this movie.

I can't find any reviews either for it on DVD.

Thanks!

Andy

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
I did a paper on this film and must have watched the DVD twenty times. It looks great and sounds great but only has the trailer as an extra. If they do revist this title, there's a terrific feature-length documentary called In Search of Kundun directed by Michael Wilson that would make a nice extra for a two-disc set. Plus a Scorsese commentary is always welcome! :)

Mark H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hyland
I too would welcome an anamorphic special edition of this beautiful film. Terrific acting, stunning cinematography, an electic Philip Glass score and certainly a movie which may explain the plight of this peace-loving nation.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I had also heard of the Wilson documentary, but I've never seen it. Is it available on video in any form?

--Jefferson Morris

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
"IN SEARCH OF KUNDUN" shows up on Encore's True Stories channel every once in a while--widescreen, no less.

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
This has always seemed like a natural for a Criterion disc, since Disney seems to have little interest in doing it properly. (Interestingly, my DVD used to play all the way through on my DVP-S3000, but now it glitches halfway through, meaning I'm in the market for a replacement.)

-bf-

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
When doing research on this film, it's clear why Disney wants as little to do with it as possible. It really angered the Chinese and the studio had to hire Henry Kissenger to smooth things over. Disney has a lot to lose if the Chinese government doesn't help them fight piracy of their titles in China... This would make a terrific Criterion title since Disney probably won't revisit it.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
This has always seemed like a natural for a Criterion disc
I concur. Almost all of Martin Scorsese's movies deserve criterion treatment and this one is no different. I doubt Criterion will get around to this title, and I doubt that Disney will ever revisit it.

Although it was a great movie, it didn't generate a lot of money at the box office and those types of movies usually are forgotten about.

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
Any word on a re-release of this title?

It begs for an anamorphic release in R1, with 5.1 sound, and the documentary mentioned above on disc two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks