Will I see a difference?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Andrews, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Scott Andrews

I am considering purchasing a DVD player. I have shopped around and I have found the DV-45A to be a pretty good option for the money. $469.00 at HiFi Buys here in Atlanta. However will I see a difference if I replace my current DVD player which is a Pioneer DV 414. My rear projection is a Pioneer Elite Pro-119. The video feed is direct through an s-video cable.
    If there is not much of a difference than I will wait.
    Thanks for any help you may have.
    Scott

2. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

Scott,

You will most definately see a difference right away, but mostly by using the COMPONENT outs on a new DVD player (assuming you have component ins on your TV) I have the 45a and I LOVE it. Not only for video, of course, but for SACD and DVD-AUDIO. All around a great machine.

3. Scott Andrews

No, the Pro-119 does not have component inputs. Only S-video and composite. Thats why I am wondering if the $ is worth it. I plan to get a front projection but not any time soon. I have to admit the SACD is tempting as well as the DVD Audio.
    Scott

4. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

well, the dv-45a is worth the price for the audio alone.
    btw, you are missin out on how amazing DVD can look by using s-video, go get HDTV and the dv-45a today!! [​IMG]
    ~Brent

5. Sach

Sach Stunt Coordinator

You will definitely see a difference; I had a Toshiba 3109 before: lets assume that its comparable to your 414; I got the 47Ai and hooked up through S-video (as my TV also does not have component); the difference was amazing: the 47Ai was much more detailed and vibrant.outstanding picture.

Next I replaced the basic Monster S-video cable with the 500 series Monster cable and the picture improved a lot.
    I just couldn't go back to the Toshiba.

I am sure 45 A would do the same for you.