What's new

Will I have to destroy packaging to get LOTR rebate? (1 Viewer)

George See

Second Unit
The LOTR rebate requires A proof of purchase I don't mind cutting up my regular edition packaging but I am definently not butchering the special packaging of the NOV release to save 5 bucks. Does anyone know anything about how the proof of purchase might be situated on the NOV release?
And who will butcher the packaging to save 5.00?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Even so, I'm not chopping up my theatrical release for a measly five or ten bucks that'll probably take a year to get there. It's certainly a nice gesture from NL, but I think I'll pass.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

I'll have to check again when I gethome, but I don't think there are any proofs inside. I did notice them above the UPC code on the back of the cover.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The proofs are little card board tabs on the inside of the case. No need to destroy anything.
False. The proofs are above the UPC code on the keep case insert. Remove the proofs and you damage the keep case insert.

- Steve

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Does it require the proofs or the UPC code (haven't picked up LOTR yet)?

If it's the UPC code, I always just send in the UPC sticker on the top of the packaging...but that may not work in this case...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The Canadian version has the POP as a corner tag on the insert, so no destroying of the exterior packaging is required. It is not clear however what exactly they are asking you to send it. We'll have to wait to see what the POP is on the gift set, which may not even be released in Canada by Alliance (and if it is, will it be Frenchified?).

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I double checked. The only proof of purchase I've seen was the three small sections of the outer keepcase insert. If you think the sticker would work, that would be the only way I'd consider the rebate.

I noticed that all three little POPs have a unique number, making me think serial number. If that is the case, would be unethical to photocopy the insert and destroy that? If they are unique I wouldn't be misrepresenting my ownership, just preserving what I purchased.

As an alternative, because there are three POPs, maybe we could share one insert and only destroy that instead of three inserts.

What do you think?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The POPs are not serial numbered, just given identifiers for each one. I doubt photocopies will be accepted.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Lafe,
as Jeff has already mentioned:
The Canadian version has the POP as a corner tag on the insert, so no destroying of the exterior packaging is required.
I can understand not liking the bilingual packaging but why talk about needing to cut the cover when everyone who has the Canadian version knows otherwise.
Now if your DVD smells maybe you should complain to your retailer. Was this odour obvious before of after you cut the wrapper off? I would certainly start shopping elsewhere. Sometimes the cheapest retailers are cheap for a reason. :D
Chris

Lafe F

Second Unit
I can understand not liking the bilingual packaging but why talk about needing to cut the cover when everyone who has the Canadian version knows otherwise.
There must be different versions out there. I've seen four so far: the cover with the movie artwork and the cover with the lenticular animation of Frodo looking down at the ring, both in WS and P&S editions. Mine didn't have any sort of tab - the POP was on the cover itself with the UPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks