What's new

Will I benefit from upgrading my 12-gauge copper speaker wire? (1 Viewer)

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently using Acoustic Research 12-gauge copper wire, bi-wired for my B&W DM601 S3 speakers. I'm using a Marantz SR7200 Receiver which is on the "warm" and musical side.

Does anyone have experience on upgrading their wire to more popular brands like Van del Hul, IXOS, etc. and noticed a big difference?

I'm looking for ways to improve detail and bass with my speakers.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
wires won't do it...positioning the speakers with respect to the walls/floor and probable room treatments are recommended in this case.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Myki,
I would recommend you do a lot of internet research at various forums .... www.audioasylum.com
for starters... using the search function and truly explore users comments as they specifically pertain to your gear.
search Marantz, B&W... your Model numbers, etc.
I mention audioasylum specifically as they have an excellent search function. Other forums too, but the breadth of info is not there (as compared to AA).. IMO.
A cable upgrade is just ONE avenue to explore as you search ways to better your systems performance.
Keep an open mind and guage everthing you read as it pertains to your PARTICULAR SETUP. And the room layout is included in your search. Altering your searches can unearth a wealth of info.
Good Luck in your search,
BOK
PS--- I recommend Cardas,ZU, Harmonic Technology, Kimber for cables :*)

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
Chu Gai,

I've been doing everything on repositioning my speakers and it really did improve the imaging. Thanks for the advice. I'm just bugged by 3 friends who swear that my system will improve in detail if I get the IXOS 6003 speaker wire (the helix type one?).

Brian,

I'll do that. I visited that site before but I was turned off because it didn't look user-friendly. With all those messages one after the other. I prefer a bulletin board like this one, with all the nice buttons and boxes. :)

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Myki,

If it is "button and boxes" you wish then carry on................................................ ..........................................

BOK out

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
there's more to it than moving the speakers around...check your pm for a loooooooooooooong reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks