What's new

Will Happy Days ever make it to DVD ?? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I'm seeing more and more 70's TV getting the DVD treatment but still no Happy Days :frowning:
Shouldn't we be seeing Happy Days on DVD soon?
Any updated news on this?
Regards,
Troy

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Jumped the Shark!!!!!!!

Third time in my life I hear it, Fonzie really left the memory of himself when he jumped the shark, Now if a Sitcom does bad, they call it JUMP THE SHARK

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Pre-shark, though, this was an excellent show to watch. I would buy the whole thing, shark and all, if it came out on DVD.

But Jeff's right...music issues. Plus, Paramount seems stuck on Star Trek for a long time, with no other TV Shows in sight to my knowledge.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but what are you guys talking about when you say "jumping the shark"?

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
What could be good news (depending on your point of view), is when you see the show in syndication, a lot of those "source" music cues (credited to Fats Domino, etc.) are often re-recordings.

I'm wondering if Paramount didn't have to change some of the music for re-runs since often times various "artists" are credited in the end credits, even though their tunes are nowhere to be found in the separate episodes!

Still, I'd love to see this show -- even the post-Richie years -- on DVD...I'd have no problem getting rid of my entire VHS collection (and yes, over the years, I've managed to tape every one of the 220+ episodes!).

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Little History on Jumping the Shark

It is known that when FONZIE JUMP THE SHARK on his vacation while surfing in HAPPY DAYS, ever since than the
show took major dive!!!!

hence whenever the show does bad now its called JUMPING THE SHARK as reference to fonzie!!!

Chuck L

Screenwriter
While Happy Days would be fine for some, I would rather have the sister show Laverne and Shirley...BUT...as already said, the music clearance issues would be hell and I am sure that Paramount wouldn't go through the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks