Will & Grace - please don't let them have a baby

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MickeS, Sep 19, 2002.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Is anyone else appalled by this storyline, about them having a baby together?

No, it has nothing to do about Will being gay, or them not being married or anything like that. It's got to do with the fact that they're both written as egocentric, selfish, uncaring individuals (which is why I like the show!) who want a baby because... eh... because they're bored? Because it's hip?

Of course, it's really only because the screenwriters have run out of ideas. There's NO WAY that, if these were real characters, they would have a baby, and there's certainly no way that anyone would be happy for them. I wonder if the writers have any children themselves?

Anyway, I just had to rant. It's to the point where I almost feel like not watching the show anymore.

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Doubt the baby will happen. Harry Connick Jr. has signed on for at least 13 episodes as Grace's new love interest, starting with the season premiere. And Will is supposed to finally get a serious boyfriend this year as well (yeah, heard that one before). So I'd think the baby storyline will disappear fairly quickly.

Plus, Karen is supposed to divorce Stan and get back into the dating pool, so that'll be a must-see. :wink:

3. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Well, I would stop watching if they had a baby and they mentioned it in more than 2 lines a week (and what would be the point of them having the baby then). I like this show just like I used to like Mad About You before it became Mad About the Baby.

NBC is going to make it much easier on my schedule this year by not showing many shows in HD, which I can't record and with this and the Friends bass-ackwards proposal thing, Thursday is turning out to be all CBS for me unless they fix these 2 glaring f-up's.

4. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Second Unit

Fonzie is definitely in the wings ready to jump the shark for this show if the baby is indeed written in!

5. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

With his leather jacket and that lame floatation device! [​IMG]

6. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

I really don't believe that it will happen simply due to the fact that they have had a lot of season closers that they never reopen.

With the addition of a man for Grace, for a while at least, I think that things will change. From the script in the closer about looking for a man on a white horse...well it looks like she is going to get just that...I hope because this co-dependancy on Will is starting to get old.

As far as Jack...it would be nice to see him get someting in his life that is settled besides his finally done hair. He needs a job. I don't care what kind of job either...he can be a trash collector or a soap actor...I don't care, but let's have him stop sponging off Will.

Will...don't give a flip about Will. For me is the least likable person on the show and as far as I am concerned they could kill him off.

Karen...the only real reason that I watch the show. Love every scene that she is in. I truly hope that when the show ends that their is a life for Megan on her own on television. Leaving Stan is a good thing...and I think that it can only help her and the state of the show.

7. David Paymer

David Paymer Stunt Coordinator

David Paymer
    Another Karen-lover here; I also tune in just to see that chick. As for Will and Grace spawning, I thought they already had a kid--Jack.[​IMG]

8. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Wow...and everyone hates will. Most of my friends tell me I AM Will. Hmmm [​IMG]
    And I just ordered the DVD Boxed Set for season one.