1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Ferrell's "Anchorman" - Looks Funny!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scott Weinberg, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Though the movie doesn't come out till next July, you can see a handful of amusing clips at the Official Site.

I'm wondering if Dreamworks won't try to bump this release date up a little bit - considering how everyone's bigtime in love with Will Ferrell right now.

Flick also features Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Fred Willard, Chris Parnell, Maya Rudolph, Vince Vaughn and...Chad Everett?? Ha! (Click on the IMDb page to check out the laundry list of cameo performers as well!)

2. Dennis Castro

Dennis Castro Second Unit

It does look funny, but from what is shown I don't think it will top his performance in Elf. His performance in Elf is a special one.

I hope it's not all down hill from here for Ferrell

3. Raymond_H

Raymond_H Stunt Coordinator

I love Will Ferrell, it basically looks like a verison of his Robert Goulet character from SNL, on top of that it looks like a stretched SNL skit.

Doesn't matter, Will Ferrell is enough for me to be at least interested.

Raymond

4. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    this looks like one of those funny SNL fake commercials. After seeing that trailer, I think seeing the actual movie would be exhausting. Just a little bit one-note high concept filmmaking for me.

5. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

The clips were funnier than they had a right to be. I'll leave the jury out on this until I see the film. I ended up loving ZOOLANDER when I thought it would be terrible.

6. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

Will Ferrell has consistently impressed me in Zoolander, Old School, and Elf. He's naturally funny. But these clips just seem... lame. I'm not sure this is the right kind of role for him, it's too normal. Well, time will tell.

7. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Hah! I was laughing at the poster as soon as the page came up! Hah!