What's new

Will DVD Recorders Hurt TV Shows on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think it will effect it all. I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder and my main reason for getting it was transfer family videos and the Simpsons. I have all the Simpson episodes since the beginning (I actually started in 1992, but managed to get the other 3 seasons from other sources). It took me almost a year to transfer all of them. I only did seasons 4 through the present though since I bought the first 2 seasons and I knew season 3 was being released. I will still buy the rest on DVD though because of the commentaries. I usually don't like commentaries and I never listen to them on DVD movies, but the Simpsons DVDs make the commentaries seem almost mandantory. It is easy to record live though, you wait until there is a fade to black and on most tv shows, the show seems to come back after an upcoming show is advertised and not a product.

Man, I just noticed that I have been here for 5 years!!! Time goes by too fast when you approach your late 20s.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
"Man, I just noticed that I have been here for 5 years!!! Time goes by too fast when you approach your late 20s."

Wait till you hit your 30s and 40s. A year seems like a week.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I've been seriously debating getting a DVD recorder as well to record my current must-watch series (Smallville and Enterprise), as well as having DVD-R backups of my current VHS tapes. Now I just need to find a good priced DVD recorder that won't bust my budget. I'm thinking they'll come down in prices by this time next year, as technology is wont to do.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I bought mine to mainy archive some older TV Specials I have on tape I don't think I'd do regular series becasue Enterprise and Smallville will be on DVD and the quality will be alot better than my Crappy Analog cable versions. Not to mention not bugs , anamorphic encoding etc

Rodrick

Second Unit
No because quality. Yes if you have that vcr option that you can code in when putting your tvshows on timer a code to pause the commercials.

I won't buy any tvshows ondvd that have more than 9 seasons, I can record without commercials, but I don't have a dvd recorder. I do have a DVD burner though with a program that can make tapes better quality to look good. Which I think most of you know which program that is.

I'll buy tvshowson dvd because of quality, commentaries, extras, and in order of sequence.

For instance I can live with only season 5 on DVD of STTNG.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
the main reason i record is because the shows i like to see always get taken off tv and never to be seen again. :thumbsdown: :angry:
now i have so many shows i dont watch tv anymore.
i watch what i want when i want.
i do replace my recorded stuff when they get released on dvd as long as they are in order. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks