What's new

Will Devil's Rejects Help or Hurt Modern horror movies? (2 Viewers)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
On the other hand, I just got around seeing Ho1kC a few weeks ago, and after having seen TDR first, I can tell you that it is my opinion that Ho1kC is total crap and has very few redeming qualities. I wont bash it too hard as it is a first effort but it makes the quality of TDR even more stunning now that I've seen how far Zombie has come in just two films.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright, last night I watched the movie on the Unrated dvd for the very first time and I must say that it rocked so hard!

Strangly, I wasn't as put off by all the senseless violence as I thought I would be, go figure.

Now, I also just watched the 144 min documentary 30 Days in Hell on the second disc and I am compelled to talk about Rob Zombie for a minute or two here...IMO, he is one of the most talented directors in Hollywood!

Rarely have I seen a director who has such a good head on his shoulders about what audiences like and what is bullshit and what is not in movies.

I'm telling ya, if this man doesn't get recognized for his talent in the future it will be a crime, however he probably won't because nobody is watching him because of the types of films that he makes...well I certaintly am that's for damn sure!

We're not dealing with some guy who is clearly talented for only making movies with depravity and bloodshed in them, we're dealing with someone who clearly knows how to make a movie, pure and simple. His kowledge of movie making is staggering and surprising considering that this is only his second feature film.

The man is a natural born filmmaker. Get a script for a good drama or thriller in his hands and watch out!!

The film was great, but I came away being impressed with Zombie himself more, he is the real deal and Hollywood better watch it's ass because he's coming.

Lastly, the documentary on this dvd is an example of how to do a behind the scenes feature, at 144 minutes it beats the films running time and doesn't miss a single aspect of on-set production. It's sort of sad that we get a full-blooded documentary on a film like this (as great as it is, don't mean anything negative with that at all) while films like Titanic and Star Wars Ep III get no real comprehensive "main course" documentary.

This will go down as one of my favorite dvd's of this year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Yea, I was impressed with the vast improvement of Rejects over House.

The 30 Days in Hell doc is very nice and well put together. And like you said, Rob Zombie is a man that knows what he is doing. I wonder what his next gig would be.

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, that is some serious praise there, I may have to check his films out now.

And I think Zombie will be doing Masters of Horror season two. I heard that from bloody-disgusting, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks