will consoles burn in HDTV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dan fritzen, Dec 14, 2001.

1. dan fritzen

dan fritzen Second Unit

I want to buy a HDTV with my roomies, but we are afraid that playing XBOX and PSX2 will burn it in, do any HDTV have a solution to prevent this? Will a projection HDTV burn in? What do you guys know, i don't trust Best Buy sales guys who know less than I do.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Proper calibration is the best defense to burn-in. Use Video Essential or Avia...or even better, if there is one available, have an ISF tech calibrate your set. Next, if the games have alot of static images, limit your playing time.

Bruce

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

When playing games, turn the contrast down to less than one quarter (regardless of the setting suggested by AVIA), then you should not have any problems with uneven screen wear or burn, with modest amounts of playing.
    Other video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

4. DmitriP

DmitriP Extra

Just play games 25% of your tv time the time and you shouldn't have a problem. I've played games for hours on my Toshiba 42W81 without problems (Contrast set at about 50. Hard to see some games under that).