What's new

Will cell phones eventually make land lines.... (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
A couple weeks ago, I made a service call with SBC to correct a problem in the lines (I was getting a bad buzz and couldn't connect to my ISP) and when the repair tech came by to have me check my phone we began talking about the future direction of SBC and telecom in general. While my area is slated for DSL within 2 or 3 years, the tech was telling me about other things going on with SBC. One of the biggest things is their plans to pipe in satellite TV over the phone networks to compete with the dish companies. Imagine getting your phone, internet and satellite through one network. I know some places offer this already through city utility corporations but this could have a tremendous impact on rural areas like mine where utilities are all independants and charge out the arse plus all internet connections are

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Haven't had a landline in 4 years, and don't see myself getting one again in the future. For someone like me, it is perfect but it definitely isn't for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks