What's new

Will CBS have Thanksgiving NFL games in HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
CBS only has the broadcast rights to one of the Thanksgiving Day games. This year it's the Dallas game (it's whoever is playing an AFC team). Fox will be televising the Detroit - Green Bay game. So far, no announcement has been made. However, CBS only has one HD production truck, and they are committed to broadcasting a college game that Saturday. Logistics may prevent the Thursday holiday game from being shown, too.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While no announcement has been made yet, since CBS's college football obligation will be over by playoff time all of us football fans with HD tuners are hoping they will show some AFC playoff games in HD. They did this last season. Unfortunately, I did not have my HD tuner then.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Last year the announcement from CBS broadcasting the Thanksgiving Day game in HD only came a week before the actual broadcast..Knowing CBS's committment to HD I would bet on it..
------------------

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The difference between last season and this one, though, is that CBS did not have the college HD committment last year. Could they get their HD production equipment from Dallas Thursday night to the location of the Saturday college game and have everything setup in time for that game? I do not know the answer to that question.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
According to the CBS web site, the game is on Friday, Nov. 23 between Arkansas and LSU. They would have to move the equipment from Dallas to Baton Rouge.
-Robert

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
I guess we will have to wait and see. I have looked at some of the college games on Saturdays in HD and "they look marvelous!" I am not big on college games but I watch some of it just to see the picture!
Another show I watch from time to time is Jag in HDTV.
It is nice getting HD programming out here in the boonies. I thought I would have to wait years more to see it.
blush.gif

------------------
Tim Sly
Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks