Will Canadians be getting the Stones SACDs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miles, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Miles

Miles Second Unit

I just haven't seen anything about them at the local retailers...

Thanks,

Miles

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Miles, I know that Canadian retailers sometimes get new music a week or so later than US retailers. So, you may not see the Stones SACDs in stores on Tuesday (8/27), but I am sure you will get them. From everything I have read, ABCKO is replacing the original CD with the hybrid discs, so you should see them in Canada. I wonder if hmv.com is taking pre-orders on them.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Miles, I just searched for "Rolling Stones" on hmv.com, and the new remastered titles are listed for pre-order. Hmv.com says the discs will be available on the 27th. Single-disc titles are $28.99 CDN ($19.08 USD) each. The two-disc Hot Rocks 1964-71 set is $55.99 CDN ($36.84 USD). Hmv.com's prices are high relative to US e-tailers. Anyway, I am guessing that brick-and-mortar stores in Canada will have the new Stones discs on the 27th.

4. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Miles,

The only Canadian retailer that I'm aware of who will carry the new Stones discs will be HMV.

In any case, you won't see them cheaper than $29 CAD.

At that price, I'm not purchasing a single disc. These hybrids were supposed to be priced similar to CDs, not 2x the price of CDs.

No thanks ABCKO.

5. Miles

Miles Second Unit

HMV doesn't have them in today... the store quoted a price of $65+CDN for "Hot Rocks" and I've heard of no other retailers getting any copies. So unless a Canadian retailer wakes up, I'll be ordering from the U.S.

Miles

6. Nathan Pullar

www.mymusic.com
    Has them for $21.99 CDN Single Disc $39.99 Double & $59.99 for the Singles Set and they ship from a canadian warehouse so no import fees. I have used them a couple times and am a very happy customer.
    Nathan

7. David Berry

David Berry Stunt Coordinator

Nathan,

Thank you for the link. Those are the best prices (by several dollars each!) that I have seen for SACD titles. Although their selection is not as good as HMV.com, I will definitely look and purchase there first.