What's new

Will Bonds break 70? (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
Barry Bonds has 66 home runs with 12 games left. Will he break Mark McGwire's record of 70 (1998)?
Cast your vote here , or just leave your comments in this thread...

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't think he would until he hit that 3 HR game a week or so ago, and now I'm starting to waiver. Bonds now just needs a HR in every 3rd game and I will be hard for him not to.
I tell you what, that guy who paid all that cash for Big Mac's 70th HR ball must be ticked.

Scott W.

Second Unit
I think Bonds will hit 70 this season. And Jerimiah, the guy who bought the 70th ball of McGuires is Todd McFarlane. He's the comic dude who created the Spawn franchise.
Scott

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Oh yeah, Bonds is going to do it. He's incredible.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't think Bonds was gonna do it either until the 3 against Colorado and the 2 last night against San Diego. Some teams that aren't really in the hunt are pitching to him to see what he can do (the same thing happened to McGwire). 4 more homers with 12 games to go? I think he could do it by the end of the week.
------------------
My DVD's

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I seem to think he'll hit 74 this year.
By 2010 we'll see helium in balls and the # of homerun will rise to more than 100.
UH maybe not :)
LL cool B

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I think he will but I hope he doesn't.Im from St. Louis so I'm a little biased toward Big Mac.Records are made to be broken but this one needs to hold up a little longer!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think so. What surprises me is how low key this whole thing is. I mean, sure, people are talking about it, but the hype is nowhere close to when Mac was going for the record. I guess the difference is the record was much older than it is now!

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I think so. It would be great for the country to direct some attention back to sports and off of the news. I think Bonds will do it. I think he's got a great shot at it. And anyone holding the title other than Mark McGwire would be great. Well, at least anyone else that isn't a Cardinal
wink.gif

But, I think it'll be a good thing to see him chasing down the record. It'll lighten things up a bit for this country and will be a good thing
patriot.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed
[Edited last by John Besse on September 25, 2001 at 09:37 PM]

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Bonds will break McGwire's record. Bonds has 67 homers in 450 at bats as of this writing, and ESPN said that at this point in the season in 1998, McGwire had 63 homers in 470 at bats. Bonds has a home run every 6.7 at bats compared to McGwire's 1 per 7.3. Bonds is on some kind of pace. I think he will end up at 72 home runs. To do so, he would have to hit five home runs in his final ten games. I think he can do that.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks