Will BestBuy offer the $10 card with in-store LOTR purchase?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelG, Jul 29, 2002.

1. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

I see taht BestBuy is offering a $10 gift card when you pre-order LOTR now, can we get the same deal at our local stores? I am pretty sure that they have done something like this before, but that might have been when purchasing two or more titles. I would gladly go pay for it now if I get the $10 gift card.

2. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

What you're getting online isn't a gift card, it's a code to get $10 of another purchase at BB.com that expires the end of Aug.

Brian

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Michael, it was indeed when you purchased two titles, like Usual Suspects + one other specified disc (from a list of 3) or with Bull Durham. Of course some of us got in on the error that you could buy Usual Suspects without another disc and still get the $10 off but that was an error which was fixed.

To answer your question, I do NOT think that you will get the $10 coupon off because as Brian pointed out, it's an online coupon good toward your next purchase. They have offered this online with a lot of high-profile titles and the offer has not been matched at the B&M stores.

4. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

Thanks for the info. I guess if I have another DVD I want between now and the end of August then it's worth it. I was planning on waiting until the Extended version in Nov, but after reading some reviews I want to go ahead and get the theatrical version now.